Monday, October 1, 2018

Can Money Buy Happiness?


This has been an age-old question that many have pondered. Some are quick to say yes it can, and others are quick to say no it can’t. I would have to say for me the answer is yes AND no. With money, you can pay off your bills and not have to worry about going without. If you need something or run out of something, you can just go to the store and get another one. I’m not talking about a $5,000 TV or anything. I’m talking about basic life necessities. You can go to the grocery store and get what you want over getting what you can afford this minute. You won’t need to silently calculate your total to see if you need to return anything from your cart before you reach the register. This type of ability to me would give me peace of mind.



Now, would money instantly heal me if I was sick, no.  I would have the money to afford comprehensive health insurance though. If I were sick, I wouldn’t need to determine if I was actually sick enough to see the Dr. or if I could tough it out. I could afford medicines that the Dr. would prescribe. This could mean that my recovery would be faster with less downtime. Could I still get a terminal illness? Sure. Money would give me the opportunity to live as comfortably as possible while allowing me to take care of my affairs and offer any extra money for family.


Would everyone be my friend and my life lived as a sitcom? Of course not, you still have disagreements with people. Days still go bad, and sometimes it will still seem like everything goes wrong. This is life. Money will never take those days away. Having money could mean pressure from family, friends, and others to share your money with them or just give them a little bit and they will pay you back have past never. Again, this is just life.

Stress will happen. Bad days will happen, but there are many things that money can help with. In some areas, money can reduce stress; provide opportunities, and learning experiences. I would lean more towards having money and seeing how I do, over just saying money can’t buy me happiness. Money would reduce my stress. I could get ahead financially and learn about investing to get my money to make me money. I would try things out and learn what works best for me. I would just want to start with enough so that I could lose some without freaking out.


Ultimately I also know that happiness is a choice and you can make the choice every single day to find happiness in your experiences. I just want to do it with more $$$$ in my wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment